Old Fashioned Raisin Pie.
You can cook Old Fashioned Raisin Pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Raisin Pie
- Prepare 2 cup of raisins.
- It's 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of recipe for a 9" double pie crust.
Old Fashioned Raisin Pie step by step
- Boil raisins and water in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. Blend brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt together and add to the raisins and water..
- Cook until the syrup is clear..
- Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar and butter. Let it cool slightly then pour into a pastry lined pie dish. Cover with the top crust and seal the edges and cutting slits in the top for venting..
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes..