Vickys Christmas Mincemeat Puff Pastry Pies, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Christmas Mincemeat Puff Pastry Pies, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Mincemeat Puff Pastry Pies, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 500 grams of ready made puff pastry, see my free-from recipe.
- It's 115 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare of milk of choice for glazing and sealing, light coconut milk is great.
- It's 400 grams of the mincemeat from the recipe below.
- It's of mincemeat.
- You need 225 grams of peeled, cored and chopped Bramley apples.
- You need 110 grams of shredded vegetable suet.
- It's 110 grams of sultanas.
- You need 110 grams of currants.
- You need 175 grams of raisins.
- It's 90 grams of mixed candied peel, finely chopped.
- You need 20 grams of glacé cherries, finely chopped.
- Prepare 175 grams of soft dark sugar.
- It's 25 grams of flaked almonds, chopped (optional).
- Prepare of The grated zest and juice from 1 lemon and 1 orange.
- It's 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brandy.
Vickys Christmas Mincemeat Puff Pastry Pies, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- To make the mincemeat, put all the ingredients into a large bowl except for the brandy, and combine well.
- Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let sit in a cool dark place for 12 hours overnight to let the flavours develop.
- Preheat the oven on the lowest setting around gas mark 1/4 / 120C / 225°F.
- Put the mincemeat mixture into a large ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake for 3 hours.
- When you take it out it will look like it's swimming in grease, it's meant to so don't panic!.
- Let it cool stirring when you feel like it. Stir in the brandy when it's completely cooled.
- This is enough to fill 3 x 450g sterilized jars. Fill the jars to the top and place a waxed disc on top before putting the lids on. Will keep for a year in a cupboard. Makes a nice Christmas gift if you tie a gift tag around the neck with pretty ribbon and the pie recipe below written on....
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out 24 discs around 4cm sized https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356517-vickys-puff-pastry-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Put 12 pastry discs onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon some mincemeat onto the middle, don't go overboard as the suet will bubble out and burst your pies, leave room around the edge.
- Brush some milk of choice around the edge and put the remaining 12 discs on top, pinching the sides together upwards to create a shell and lid and prick the tops with a knife.
- Brush the tops with some more milk, sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving gently to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve cold with a dusting of icing sugar, or warm with some brandy butter or clotted cream and a glass of sherry! Pure Christmas!.