You can cook Beef Empanadas using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Empanadas
- You need 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 3/4 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- You need of Your favorite pie crust recipe or you can use store bought pie crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced Spanish green olives.
Beef Empanadas step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium-sized skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the beef, spanish green olives onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly so that the ingredients are well blended. Add additional cumin, if desired, and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside and let the filling cool..
- Roll out the pie crust dough and cut out rounds using a 3-inch cutter. Put 1 tablespoon of filling on half of the round. Fold the other half of the round over and using a fork, press down on the edge of the dough making sure it is sealed all the way around. This forms the empanada. Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of each empanada with the egg wash. Arrange the empanadas on a nonstick sheet pan and bake until golden brown, about 20-25minutes. Take out and let cool.