simple sweet potato pie ver 1. The recipe is simple and absolutely perfect. At times, I will make a few. Soulful Sweet Potato Pie recipe with a flaky crust just like grandma use to make!
Sweet potatoes are sweeter than pumpkins, and though the pies are usually made in the same way with eggs, cream. Many sweet potato pie recipes call for boiling the sweet potatoes on the stovetop until tender, but I believe that the best sweet potato pie is made from baked sweet potatoes. Baking sweet potatoes softens them without adding extra moisture, concentrates their flavor and sweetness. You can cook simple sweet potato pie ver 1 using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of simple sweet potato pie ver 1
- Prepare 1 of Sweet potato ( US yams).
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of Pie crust.
Add the sweet potato, evaporated milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and combine. I don't like pumpkin pie and I love sweet potato pie. In my opinion pumpkin has a flatter flavor. Also, I use more nutmeg in my pies and I have never used orange juice and honey, but I.
simple sweet potato pie ver 1 instructions
- Peel the sweet potato.
- boiled a sweet potato until it's soft.
- cut a sweet potato into smaller chunks then mashed it together.
- As you mash to sweet potato mix in the milk and the butter until it the mixture turns orange.
- Pour into sugar and at the cinnamon and the vanilla extract.
- Mix everything together until it's nice and smooth( use a blender if needed).
- Preheat oven 350ºf.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crusts make sure everything is leveled.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes( until it smells great).
A lightened-up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving. While most dessert pack empty calories, this dessert is made with healthy sweet This simple pie recipe is great for beginner bakers and for anyone who is super busy with all the holiday festivities. To make this quick and easy, I use a. Sweet Potato Pie Ingredients: Unbleached all-purpose flour - this is used to make the base of the pie crust. Standard bleached flour will work too if that's what you have Sweet potatoes - I like to use red garnet variety.