Ground Beef Pot Pie.
You can cook Ground Beef Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Pot Pie
- Prepare 1 of psychobetty's pie crust recipe.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It's 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- It's 2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk, cream or ½ & ½.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten with a splash of water.
- You need 1 pinch of coarse sea salt for dusting of top layer of pie crust.
Ground Beef Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Over medium high heat cook ground beef until browned. Add onions and sweat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Add flour to the ground beef mixture. Stir for one minute and then slowly whisk the beef broth in, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Once mixture thickens add salt and pepper to taste. Add milk and bring back up to a simmer. Stir in mixed vegetables and remove from heat. Cool slightly..
- Prepare your pie pan with half of the dough rolled out for the bottom and the remaining rolled out for top layer..
- Pour ground beef mixture into the pie pan over the bottom crust. Fit the top crust over the ground beef mixture. Brush egg wash over the top generously. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the egg wash..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with a nice leafy salad ir green vegetable..