Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes.
You can have Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes
- You need of Onion Soubise.
- You need 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 of sweet onions (Fine diced).
- It's of to taste Salt.
- It's of To taste white pepper.
- It's of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 5 of Large russet potatoes (Peeled, halved).
- You need 1.5 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of to taste Salt.
- You need of to taste White pepper.
Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes instructions
- In a medium sauce pan, place 7 tablespoons of butter, and the fine diced sweet onion. Place on low heat, stir often until onion is soft. (Slow is best, so be patient.).
- Once the onion is soft, and exhibits a sweet flavor, pour in the cream. Let this simmer on low until the cream cooks down into a nice thick constancy. Remove from heat, set aside. Note: Low and slow, with no burning is key..
- In a large sauce pan boil water, then add potatoes, cook until soft all the way through..
- While potatoes cook, blend the onion soubise to a creamy consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of cold unsalted butter during blending. Set aside after blending..
- Remove the potatoes from heat when soft all way through. Place 1 cup of heavy cream on low heat. Hand mash, machine mix, or blend potatoes to a creamy constancy. While mixing add stick of cold, unsalted butter, mix until butter is completely incorporated into the potatoes. At this point, pour into the potatoes the onion soubise and mix well. Add the heated cream as needed for desired mashed potato consistency..
- Salt & Pepper to taste..
- Heat if necessary & serve :).