Pecan Pie - Heirloom Recipe.
You can have Pecan Pie - Heirloom Recipe using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan Pie - Heirloom Recipe
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of pure maple syrup (not artificial).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter unsalted (4 tbsp.).
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of whole pecans or more if you want.
- Prepare 1 of pie crust - any of your choice except flakey.
Pecan Pie - Heirloom Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°..
- In a small sauce pan bring to almost boil maple syrup and sugar; stir constantly until sugar crystals desolve. Remove from heat..
- Add butter and vanilla to pot, stir and let cool..
- While syrup is cooling prepare pie crust by punching bottom of crust with a fork. Brush bottom and side's with a little egg white from eggs..
- Mix eggs together. If the syrup mixture has cooled a little, add eggs to syrup and stir until blended. If the syrup mixture is still warm, you want to temper the eggs by adding about a tablespoon of the syrup mixture to the eggs stirring as you pour. Once the eggs are tempered add them to the rest of the syrup stirring as you pour until blended..
- Place pecans in bottom of crust and slowly pour in maple syrup mixture..
- Place foil strips around edges of crust so it doesn't burn..
- Place in 450° oven and set timer for 10 minutes..
- IMPORTANT! After 10 minutes reduce heat to 350° and bake for an additional 35 minutes. When there's 20 minutes left to bake remove foil from the edge of the pie..