Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake.
You can have Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake
- You need 2 cups of glutinous rice flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of granulated sugar (original recipe 1/2 cup).
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/8 tsp of ground ginger, 1/8 tsp ground cloves.
- It's 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of + 2 tbsp mashed sweet potatoes.
- It's 200 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 55 gr (1/4 cup) of butter, melted.
- You need 3 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- You need of Optional: powdered sugar for dusting.
Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake instructions
- Prepare the pan 8x8, layer it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven 175 celcius.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet rice flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt..
- In a separate bowl with a hand mixer or hand whisk, mix together the pumpkin purée, coconut milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until completely smooth..
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat vigorously until completely smooth. Fold in the black sesame seeds and pour the batter into the prepared pan..
- Bake in on the middle rack of the oven for 75-80 minutes, until the top has developed a slight crust and the mochi is completely set and bounces back when touched..
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before using the parchment paper to transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 25 minutes. Cut into 16 squares. (It’s easiest to cut when cooled, using a knife buttered and dusted with sweet rice flour or potato starch)..
- Dust the top of the mochi squares with powdered sugar. Store for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature (the longer they sit, the softer the top crust will get and the powdered sugar might need to be reapplied before serving)..