Mashed potato spring rolls. Be the first to rate & review! These could easily be made vegan or dairy free. Miniature Chicken Spring Rolls I Mini real cooking with MDC.
We are talking about the comforting flavours and textures of creamy mashed potatoes covered in a crisp. Drain potatoes and place back in the pot. Using a potato masher (or a fork), mash the potatoes. You can have Mashed potato spring rolls using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mashed potato spring rolls
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed potstoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 of green onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare of Premade wonton wrappers.
To assemble the rolls, take a spring roll and place it diagonally on a clear surface. Crunchy spring rolls filled with mashed potatoes and topped with cheese and bacon! The exact same spring rolls Julian had always mentioned in conjunction with GLC. I hate to admit when he is right, but when the guy is right, the guy is right.
Mashed potato spring rolls instructions
- Add a small knob of butter to a small pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, just long enough to take away the raw garlic bite..
- Put the garlic, mashed potatoes, cheese and green onion in a mixing bowl, along with a good pinch of salt and a good pinch of ground white pepper. Fold the mash into itself several times until everything is combined..
- Form spring rolls using the wonton wrappers, and 1 1/2 tbsp of potato mixture at a time. There are many videos online on how to wrap spring rolls properly. You should end up with about 18 rolls. Put them in a freezer for 30 minutes to set..
- Fry the spring rolls using a deep fryer or a pan with 2 in vegetable oil on medium heat. Once they're golden brown, remove them to a paper-towel lined tray to drain. Serve hot with your favourite dip (mine is chipotle mayo)..
These have a crispy wonton outside with a creamy potato filling inside, and loaded with flavor. Serve with your favorite dip or sour cream. Stir bacon bits, green onion or chives, and cheese into potatoes. Brush with water on all outside. My second participation in the Crazy Cooking Challenge hosted by Mom's Crazy Cooking.