Swiss, bacon and spinach mini quiches.
You can cook Swiss, bacon and spinach mini quiches using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Swiss, bacon and spinach mini quiches
- You need 1 of "never fail piecrust" recipe (found in this app).
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 2 dash of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 packages of bacon.
- It's 1 packages of frozen or cooked spinach drained.
- It's 1 cup of loosely packed shredded Swiss.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- It's 2 dash of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of nonstick cooking spray.
Swiss, bacon and spinach mini quiches step by step
- fry bacon until crispy and set aside to cool.
- saute diced onion in butter until caramelized. add garlic salt, stir in and set aside to cool..
- thaw frozen spinach in strainer. set aside to drain..
- shred Swiss. set aside..
- find and follow "Never fail piecrust" recipe in this app. I personally sub the corn syrup for plain old sugar. preheat oven accordingly and prepare dough. roll it out as thin as you can and cut in 5 inch discs..
- carefully press dough rounds into muffin tin sprayed with nonstick spray. bake for 12 minutes or so and let cool. leave oven on.the dough recipe should make about 12 mini quiche shells..
- prepare filling. in large mixing bowl, beat eggs. add chopped bacon, 3/4 cup of the Swiss, spinach (water thoroughly squeezed out), onion and pepper. beat all ingredients with a fork..
- fill cups with filling. top with a nice pinch of Swiss on each..
- bake for 30 minutes at 375°..
- let cool about 15 minutes before serving. makes 12 mini quiches..