You can have Fried Pies using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Pies
- Prepare of Filling--------.
- You need 3 of large apples.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Crust----------.
- It's As needed of crust see my recipe fried pie crust.
- Prepare of Glaze-----------.
- It's 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It's 2 tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Fried Pies instructions
- Peel and core the apples and slice them thinly..
- To make the filling, combine the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small sauce pan. Cook until juices start to form, about 3 minutes..
- Make a slurry by whisking together the water and flour. Stir this into the pan, turn the heat up to high, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened, about 3 minutes longer. Set aside..
- Separate dough into 6 equal balls..
- Roll the balls out into rectangular sheets.
- Heat the oil for frying..
- Add the pie filling to the sheets..
- Cover them over and crimp the sides.
- One at a time fry them for 2-3 minutes per side..
- Move to paper towels to absorb excessive oils..
- Mix the milk, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar..
- Add Glaze to the warm Pies. Let hardened.
- Glaze the other side of pie..
- Serve I hope you enjoy! You can refrigerate or freeze the dough. I also accidentally used self-rising flour instead of all purpose flour..