Pie crust recipe. Several pie crust recipes—an all butter pie crust, or pate brisee, an all butter crust with almonds If your recipe calls for a pre-baked crust, as many custard pie recipes do, follow all the steps above for. Make The Flakiest, Buttery Pie Crust Recipe Every Time. I have tried several pie crust recipes, but they just did not turn out right.
Back to my pie crust recipe. After the ice water is added, let's chill it. Here are the steps This pie crust recipe uses just a few simple ingredients and turns out perfect every time. You can cook Pie crust recipe using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pie crust recipe
- Prepare of Two-thirds cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It's 2 of and a half cups flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- You need 8 tablespoons of water.
To make this easy pie crust recipe you'll need some all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, unsalted butter, shortening. Making pie crust is a lot like riding a bike — it takes a lot of practice before you can pull it off every time. Fruit filling: This recipe assumes that you're following another recipe for the pie filling. This Homemade Pie Crust Recipe is tender, buttery and flaky.
Pie crust recipe instructions
- Mix the salt, flour and baking powder in a bowl together with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain..
- Add the vinegar and the water and mix to create a ball-shaped dough..
- Wrap the dough in cling film (you can also put it in a Tupperware) and stick it in the refrigerator for an hour..
- Once that time has passed, roll out the dough with a rolling pin..
- Carefully place the dough in a pie dish and that's the hard work done!.
- Put it in the oven according to the instructions of whichever pie recipe you are using..
Have a recipe of your own to share? This Pie Crust is buttery, flaky and is perfect for sweet or savory pies. Some people shy away from making pie crusts. Here is a recipe to banish all fear, a simple dough of butter If you plan to make a pie with a top crust, double the recipe; when it's time to chill the dough. I really love flaky pie crust, and it's always been a difficult quality for me to achieve, despite most people's claims that their recipe is THE flakiest pie crust in existence.