You can have Apple Pie using 16 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- Prepare of This is a two step recipe.
- You need of For pie shell.
- It's 2 cups of Flour.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It's 1/4 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Cow milk.
- It's 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need of For filling.
- It's 400 gms of Apples.
- You need 3 tbs of Sugar.
- It's 2 tbs of Jam (any flavour, here I used mixed fruit).
- It's 1" piece of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cornflour mixed in 3 tbsp water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
Apple Pie instructions
- Peel the apples, cut them into medium pieces and wash it and rinse properly.
- Heat the butter for the filling in a pan and add cinnamon to it.
- Add apple pieces to it and sauté for 1 min.
- Add 3 tbs sugar to it.
- Add the jam to it and mix well.
- Add the cornflour mixture and mix well.
- Add nutmeg powder and mix everything, switch off the heat and cool down.
- For the shell / crust add butter (1/4 cup) to the flour, salt and sugar (1 tbs) and mix.
- Add egg and milk and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into two portions.
- Flatten up one portion with a rolling pin, give it a shape of a big chapatti (slightly bigger than your baking pan).
- Grease butter in the mould and spread the chapatti in it.
- Fill it with the apple-jam filling.
- Flatten up the other portion of the dough to make a chapatti and cut down it into some ribbon / stirps.
- Place the srips onthe crust in a crisscross manner.
- Beat an egg and brush it over the strips.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 mins.
- After baking take it out, cool down and remove from the pan. It's ready for the serving..