Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 450 g of (2 crust)GF shortcrust pastry, check my recipe linked below.
- You need 2 of x 400g tins of pitted cherries in light syrup (14.5oz x 2).
- It's 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cornflour / cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 tsp of mixed spice / ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Light coconut milk to glaze.
- It's of Extra sugar for topping.
Vickys Cherry Pie, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Roll out 2/3 of the pastry and line a deep 9" pie tin with it. Blind bake for 15 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Drain the syrup from the cherries and put it in a saucepan, keeping 1/3 of it aside - mix the cornflour into the set aside syrup.
- Add the sugar to the syrup in the pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, stir the cornflour mix in and simmer until thickened, around 3 minutes to cook the floury taste away.
- Stir in the butter, lemon juice and mixed spice.
- Fold in the cherries. Taste the filling and make sure it's sweet enough.
- Fill the pie shell.
- Cut strips from the leftover pastry and decorate the top of the pie however you wish. Glaze with the milk then sprinkle with sugar and a dash extra cinnamon.
- Bake at gas 6 / 200C / 400F for 20 minutes or until the pastry on top is golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing or serve warm with ice cream or custard.