Andouille Sausage Quiche.
You can have Andouille Sausage Quiche using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Andouille Sausage Quiche
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of andouille sausage - chopped to 1/4" pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 small of yellow onion - finely diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen chopped collard greens or spinach (measured while frozen) - thawed, drained and squeezed to remove moisture.
- Prepare 1/2 of - 1 teaspoon blackened season (your fave or see my attached recipe).
- Prepare 6 large of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 of frozen pie crust - thawed (or rolled refrigerated crust).
- You need of salt and pepper (optional, I add none).
Andouille Sausage Quiche step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If you are using a frozen pie shell set out to thaw. If you are using refrigerated, grease a 9" deep dish pie plate, unroll crust and gently press into plate to fit. Set aside..
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add olive oil and chopped andouille sausage. Saute until sausage begins to Brown and crisp slightly, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, add onion and continue to saute until translucent, stirring occasionally. About 10 minutes total..
- Add collards/spinach to pan, cooking to evaporate any remaining moisture, stirring frequently, only about 2 minutes more. Sprinkle desired amount of blackened seasoning over mixture, stir to coat completely, turn off heat and set aside to cool. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361433-blacken-your-soul-seasoning.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and heavy cream until well blended, adding salt and pepper if desired (I actually don't feel the need in this dish). Gently stir in shredded cheeses and then cooled sausage mixture to fully incorporate..
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust, distributing solids evenly. Pop in the oven and bake 30 - 40 minutes, or until center is just set. Mine took 35 min..
- When done, remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with a side salad or home fries and enjoy..
- NOTE: From the time you measure your collards or spinach to the time they are cooked down in the mix they will reduce drastically. No worries, it's enough for what we need. ;).