Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers.
You can cook Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers
- Prepare of FOR THE CHICKPEA PATTIES:.
- Prepare 2 cups of chickpeas or garbanzo beans (washed and drained if canned and cooked till soft after soaking overnight, if using dry beans).
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered oats.
- It's 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of teaspoon, grated ginger.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli or jalapeno, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of chaat masala powder.
- It's 2 teaspoons of oil plus more for frying.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's of FOR SERVING:.
- You need of Onions.
- It's slices of Tomato.
- Prepare leaves of Lettuce.
- It's of Green coriander chutney or use McDonald's type sauce (recipe below in Notes) or ketchup.
- It's of Toasted burger buns.
Chickpea Masala Veggie Burgers step by step
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash the chickpeas with a fork. Keep aside. In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions and green chilies and saute for 2 minutes till soft. Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry again till the raw smell goes, about 1 minute. Stir in the turmeric, garam masala and coriander powders and saute for a minute more..
- Add this to the mashed chickpeas along with the grated carrots, powdered oats, chaat masala, coriander leaves and salt to taste..
- Mix well to combine all the flavors. Make 2 to 3 inch patties depending upon your preference and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour..
- Just before making the burgers, heat a skillet and add enough oil to shallow fry the patties. Add the patties and fry on each side till crisp and golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to soak the excess oil. Serve warm or cold on a toasted burger bun with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, green coriander chutney, McDonald’s burger sauce (recipe below) and any other fixings you like..
- Note: If you prefer, you can also bake these patties for a healthier version at 350 F for about 10 to 15 minutes. Additional vegetables like peas, beans or even beetroot can be added to the patties..
- RECIPE FOR McDonald's type burger sauce: In a small bowl, blend 1/2 up mayonnaise, 2 to 3 teaspoons tomato ketchup (if you want a spicy sauce, use tomato chilli sauce or Sriracha sauce), 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onions and if you have a bottle of dill pickles, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of brine or juice from the bottle. Mix well, and enjoy as a topping for the burgers!.