Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes.
You can cook Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes
- You need 2-3 pounds of ground beef.
- It's of To taste Garlic powder.
- It's of To taste Onion powder.
- Prepare of To taste Creole seasoning.
- You need of To taste Cajun seasoning.
- You need of Gravy.
- It's of Hamburger grease.
- It's 3-4 tsp of flour.
- You need As needed of Milk.
- Prepare of To taste Garlic powder.
- You need of To taste Onion powder.
- You need of To taste Black pepper.
- It's of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 6-8 of medium potatoes.
- It's 1-2 tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare of to taste Salt and pepper.
- It's of optional (garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese).
Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes step by step
- Season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun, and a lil creole seasoning. Mix in real good with hands..
- Form ground beef into patties.
- Place hamburger patties carefully in skillet, wash hands, turn on stove, Cook hamburgers at medium heat. Add a little vegetable oil, if needed to prevent sticking..
- Remove cooked hamburgers from skillet.
- With left over hamburger grease, stir in (with a fork) 3-4 tsp of flour to grease, stir out any clumps and pour in some milk, add in seasonings and let it simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for a few minutes, turn off heat and let it thicken the rest of the way. *Flour helps thicken gravy*.
- Add hamburgers back to gravy.
- Boil sliced potatoes until soft and easily able to cut through them..
- Drain the potatoes and smash them up.
- Add in butter, salt, and pepper.
- Optional* Add in garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese..