Bacon Wrapped/Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast #2.
You can cook Bacon Wrapped/Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast #2 using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped/Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast #2
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken breast.
- It's 4 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 4 of basil leaves.
- It's 1 of roasted red bell pepper.
- It's 1 handful of spinach.
- Prepare 1 of lemon; zested.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme; minced.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil; as needed.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Bacon Wrapped/Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast #2 step by step
- Make a small incision in thick part of the top of the breast. Just small enough to be able to squeeze a finger inside of the breast and make a pocket as far down as possible without tearing the breast open..
- A tear is only a minor problem. You can still stuff the breast, but the stuffing will bubble out..
- In a mixing bowl combine cheese, roasted peppers, spinach, and the juice and zest of the lemon. Add a pinch of salt..
- Drizzle enough oil to cover the chicken. Season with dried spices, thyme, salt, and pepper..
- Use a basil leaf to grab a chunk of the cheese mixture, and stuff inside the chicken. Repeat with another basil leaf. Stuff as much of the cheese mixture inside that will fit..
- Wrap each breast with two slices of bacon..
- Bake at 350° for approximately one hour or until chicken and stuffing mixture reach 165° and bacon is caramelized and crispy..
- Briefly place under the broiler to crisp the bacon if the chicken cooks before the bacon..
- Save extra cheese mixture for another use for 3 days..
- Variations; Arugala, sauteed spinach, caramelized onions or shallots, roasted or oven dried tomatoes, parsley, marjoram, rosemary, balsamic, wine, wine or champagne vinegar, chicken stock, pureed veggies, breadcrumbs, honey, Italian seasoning, mustard, marinara, bechamel, mozzarella, goat cheese, cream cheese.