Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- It's of filling.
- It's 520 grams (18 ounces) of cooked and mashed sweet potato.
- It's 240 ml (1 cup) of coconut milk.
- It's 120 ml (1/2 cup) of or to taste maple syrup.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 35 grams of (4 level tbsp) cornflour / cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mixed spice, see my recipe link below.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground clove.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's of PIE CRUST *gluten free link below.
- It's 100 grams (1 cup) of less 1 tbsp) plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml (1/3 cup) of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of rice, almond or coconut milk OR cold water.
Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- To make the crust, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet and rub in with your fingertips.
- Bring the dough together then press into a 9 inch fluted tin. Refrigerate for half an hour *gluten free pastry recipe below* https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together then pour into the unbaked pie shell https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Bake at gas 6 / 200C / 400°F for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with dairy-free cream / ice cream and toasted marshmallows, or cold with a beverage! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332956-vickys-vanilla-ice-cream-with-flavour-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- You can substitute the sweet potato for pumpkin...OR.
- Using the same recipe but changing the amount of corn flour to 3 tbsp, adding 2 tsp baking powder and 80g (2/3 cup) flour / gluten-free flour. Grease a pie or 12 hole muffin tin and bake the mixture at the same temp for the same amount of time. This pie forms its own soft crust! Just make sure it's completely cooled before removing. And a toothpick test won't work - when it's ready the middle will feel moist but done but the outside will be dry. Check around 50 minutes then keep an eye on it.