Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
You can cook Garlic Mashed Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- You need 5 lbs of potatoes.
- It's 2 sticks of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of roasted garlic puree (see my recipe for this ingredient).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Rinse potatoes well. (Very important step).
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and place into large pot. (Hint: you can peel your potatoes before cutting them for a smoother texture, but I prefer to keep the skins for a more rugged, manly batch of mashed potatoes).
- Fill with water and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until potatoes are fork-tender (about 15-20 min depending on the size of your chunks).
- Drain water and return potato chunks to pot..
- Use a potato masher to break chunks down into a mushy consistency..
- Incorporate butter until it is melted and no longer visible.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well..