Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits.
You can have Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits
- You need 1 of delicata squash.
- Prepare 2 of small russet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped butternut squash.
- You need 1/2 cup of Quinoa washed and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Frozen peas.
- You need Drop of biscuits - your favorite recipe.
- It's of Sazon seasoning.
- Prepare of Ground sage.
- You need of Granulated garlic.
- It's of Sweet paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion.
Delicata Squash and Quinoa with drop biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Chop the potatoes and butternut squash into about half inch chunks and the delicata into about 3/4 inch chunks..
- Place the chopped potatoes and squashes onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Dust with the sazon, sage, garlic and paprika. Drizzle canola oil over the top about 2 tbsp and mix by hand ensuring the oil and seasonings completely coat. Bake for for 35 minutes..
- While baking prepare the drop biscuits per your favorite recipes directions. We used a gluten free recipe..
- When there is about 10 minutes left on the oven timer start the quinoa. Put the quinoa, onion and 2/3 can chicken broth in a saucepan with a dash of sazon, granulated garlic and paprika. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes..
- Stir together the cornstarch and remaining chicken broth to make a slurry. Add to the quinoa and continue simmering for another 2 minutes then remove from heat..
- Check the flavor and consistency of the quinoa mixture. Add a thin layer to the bottom of a greased baking dish. Size and shape of baking dish are up to you and how tightly packed you want the biscuits to be..
- Spread the roasted squash and potatoes evenly, add the frozen peas then cover with the rest of the quinoa mixture..
- Use an icecream scoop to evenly distribute the biscuits across the top and bake per the drop biscuit recipe..
- Let cool and serve!.