Forfar Bridies,Traditional Scottish pasties.
You can cook Forfar Bridies,Traditional Scottish pasties using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Forfar Bridies,Traditional Scottish pasties
- It's 12 oz of ground lamb.
- It's 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef broth.
- It's 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper,or to taste.
- You need 1 of recipe pastry for double crust pie.
Forfar Bridies,Traditional Scottish pasties instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F (175 degrees C).
- In a large heavy skillet,over medium heat,cook lambuntil evenly.browned,drain excess fat.Remove from.heat and stir in onion,beef broth and worcestershire sauce,season with salt and pepper..
- On a lightly floured surface,roll pastry out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 6 inch rounds.Place approximatly 1/2 cup filling on one half of each. Fold the pastry over the filling,and crimp edges to seal. Brush lightly with beaten egg white and cut three slits in the top to allow steam to escape.Place on baking sheet..
- Bake in preheated oven.30 to 35 minutes ,or until golden brown.