Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi.
You can cook Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi
- It's of For the filling: (each colour).
- You need 1 cup of cooked and mashed (purple/honey/japannese) sweet potatoes.
- It's 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of / 14 gr butter.
- It's of For the mochi skin:.
- It's of Double the recipe for the skin if you make 2 colour filling.
- It's 3/4 cup of glutinous rice flour (¾ cup = 100 g).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (¾ cup = 180 ml).
- It's 1/4 cup of sugar (¼ cup = 50 g).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of potato starch/corn starch (½ cup = 100 g).
- You need of For dusting:.
- Prepare of corn starch/flour starch.
Bi-colour Sweet Potato Mochi instructions
- Make the filling: steam about 4 sweet potatoes each colour. Peel the skin and mash while it is still hot. mix with sugar and butter.
- Make the mochi skin: Combine all ingredients together. pls do not omit the sugar as it will keep the mochi skin softer..
- Cover the steamer lid with a towel so the condensation won’t drop into the mochi mixture. Put the bowl into a steamer basket and cover to cook for 15 minutes. Half way cooking, stir with wet rubber spatula and cover to finish cooking. The color of mochi should change from white to almost translucent..
- Cover all work surfaces well with cornstarch; mochi is very sticky! Divide mochi mixture into small ball, dust it with corn starch/potato starch. Make sure to apply potato starch on your hands and the rolling pin too..
- Roll each dough chunk into a circle Place sweet potatoes filling in the center Fold the dough around the filling, crimping the edges together with your fingers.
- Ready to serve.